Solutions For Space Constraints
Overhead conveyor and monorail systems are often used to accommodate space constraints or special requirements within a warehouse. However, hanging a conveyor from the ceiling requires unique mounting hardware and careful attention to load capacities of the ceiling for the building. To ensure you get this job done right, choose Material Handling Technologies.
MHT produces manual overhead conveyor and monorail transfer systems that are modular in design for ease of installation and modification. Flexible track mounting systems for simple installation and multiple track sizes accommodate a wide range of loads.
Our manual overhead conveyor can be seamlessly integrated with other MHT interior and exterior apps lightweight crane and lifting equipment via automatic manual latching devices. This degree of integration allows flight bars to move from processes such as dipping, paint finish lines to an overhead monorail to efficiently transfer to another process or area within the plant.
Overhead Conveyor Benefits:
- Large Load Capacity
- Heavy-duty enclosed track acts as a runway for the carriers and accommodates loads up to 1,000 lbs
- Reduces Product Damage and Worker Injury
- Carriers are manually pushed or gravity fed along the track
- Manual re-handling of the product is minimal and reduces the chance of product damage
- Lowerators raise and lower product, eliminating injuries related to lifting and bending
- All track, switches, and components are electro galvanized for complete protection
- Easily Handles Large or Awkward Parts
- Used extensively in finishing and assembly lines, high-density storage, product staging, and ergonomic tool support
- Maximizes Product Storage
- Eliminates wasted space and efficiently stores product in an organized manner within the same work area
- Utilizes Space Efficiently
- Frees up vital floor space, providing movement throughout a facility and allowing for organized product flow
- Increases System Life & Decreases Maintenance
- Enclosed track protects carriers and runways from dirt and other contaminants.
- Sliding frog plates support loads through switches providing both smooth travel and longer switch life
- Easy to maintain with periodic lubrication
- Allows for Total Adaptability
- Maximizes available floor space while conforming to structural contours
- Systems can easily be modified for additional workstations, relocated equipment, increased building size, or other revisions in conveyor paths
- Allows for the use of smaller processing equipment (tanks, freezers, ovens, etc.) and makes serving hard-to-reach production equipment more practical
- Increases Productivity
- Minimal maintenance and virtually zero downtime
- The chain pitch offers more product hanging point options, reducing conveyor system length and integrated equipment size
Adding Efficiency Across Industries
MHT has worked with companies across many industries to create and install the perfect monorail overhead conveyor system.
We’ve found our systems to be the most efficient and beneficial for these markets:
- Warehousing/Distribution Manufacturing
- Empty Box Lines
- Order Fulfillment
- Trash Conveyor
- Paint Systems
- Powder Coating Lines
- Production Systems
- Unit Handling
Overhead Conveyors By Richards-Wilcox
We’re proud to offer Safe-Rail®, Zig-Zag®, Twin-Trak®, Paintline™ and OveR-Way™ conveyors by Richards-Wilcox. With over 125 years of industry experience, Richards-Wilcox keeps manufacturers safe and efficient.